On Mar 4, 2006, at 03:54, Kevin Clark wrote:
I have a G4 iMac, and where the mains (AC) cable enters the case there seems to be a break somewhere in the cable because the wire looks a little exposed and I have to "jiggle it a bit" to get the iMac to power up (the cat is probably to blame!). I therefore need to open up the case and reattach the wire securely to the iMac and make everything safe. Is it an easy procedure? Is there an online guide with pictures? Can anyone offer me any advice or personal experience of opening up the iMac? Thanks!

Kevin,

I just had to do this to my iMac recently to debug its failure to start up. It turns out my hard drive died, so I had the thing completely apart. It's not a difficult procedure, but you must have thermal paste to replace the old paste when you crack the case open. Just take your time, and don't force anything.

Daniel