I was just reading the iMac Purchase thread and though the membership would
like to hear this.

I am a Teacher and have been doing IT work at our School for many years.I
started with an LC 475 and have owned and operated just about everything
Mac-Made since then.
Five years ago our School Board amalgamated with another large School Board and
subsequently came up with something called the T.M.P. or Tech Master Plan
whereas every school will receive new equipment every five years. We have just
finished our 1st five years and so will be replacing about 100 computers plus
peripherals.
 There is a specific formula which we must adhere to that states what we can
buy.The last five years were spent with mostly IBM Think Centers and Thinkpads
although we had some iBooks and eMacs as well.
 This time around I am going to push iMacs.Due to the Capacitor problems with
some of the emacs I talked them into an "advance" on the TMP and we have been
using our new iMacs since last June (17 total).These are in the Art Dept. and
Media. Studies.
 I have developed a fairly convincing argument for an all iMac purchase i.e.
iMacs are cutting edge MultiMedia and kids just LOVE them.If they REALLY have
to have Windows then fine we can accommodate that for minimal cost (boot camp
or aftermarket).Lastly it is VERY well known that Macs are considerably less
expensive to operate.
  I like to get right to the point.If anyone has further comments or
contributions FIRE AWAY.
P.S. We are on a School LAN connected to a Board WAN. The majority of the
administrators are not particularly clued-in but the main IT Manager is a Pc
guy.