I am having a strange problem with my USB Goldtouch Adjustable
keyboard: this is the PC version, not the Mac one. I guess that this
could be the problem, but there are no Mac specific drivers from
Goldtouch anyway, so I don't see what problems using the PC version
could arise. Anyway, I have both the keyboard and a Goldtouch USB
mouse connected directly to my Intel iMac's USB ports and, under both
Mac OS 10.4.11 and Mac OS 10.5.5, the USB keyboard is completely
inactive after waking the computer from Sleep. This happens whether
the computer is put to Sleep manually or using Scheduled Sleep (e.g.,
after 15 minutes, etc.). Specifically, upon waking from Sleep, no keys
on the keyboard work. Even after waiting several minutes. The ONLY way
to make the keyboard active again is to unplug it from the USB port,
wait 5 seconds and then PLUG it back in. And even this doesn't always
work; sometimes I have to repeat this action a second time. This
occurs only after Sleep. The problem does not occur upon restarting
the computer. The problem does not occur with the mouse. Any advice
would be greatly appreciated. Having to unplug/plug the keyboard is
inconvenient, though not too much trouble; my big worry though is
that, in the long run, this will put stress on both the keyboard's USB
plug and the iMac's USB port, potentially causing one or both to be
damage. Thanks.