At 3:07 PM +0000 11/19/2008, Simon Royal wrote:

Please remember to bottom post and trim on these LEM lists.  It helps
keep things orderly and makes sure that all issues are covered.  A
bit frustrating, since you only answer some of the questions because
of your top posting...  No config info.  No settings info.  No
location set-up info.

>Everything looks fine, everything was working fine when I had WEP turned
>on. Then I changed the SSID and used WPA.

Does it work if you go back to WEP?

>It only happens when the Mac is first switched on, but not all the time.
>No, it never happens after sleep and I have automatic login so never have
>logged in manually.

So "switched on" means a cold boot?

>By random I mean it will be fine for two or three days, working fine and
>auto connecting on start up and then the next day it will not.

What happens if you change channels?

>I haven't looked in the system log.

Really, everything above is moot.  ALL debugging of network problems
STARTS with checking the log.  Without the information from the log,
config, etc, we're just taking shots in the dark here.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth