On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 3:51 AM, Simon Royal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Laura
>
> Just checked out my PowerBook (867Mhz G4, 768MB RAM, 80GB HD,
> SuperDrive) and it apparently worth £290.
>
> Not bad as I only paid £87 for it, but I think their prices are a
> little high.
>
> Simon
>

> On 7 Dec 2008, at 02:29, Laura wrote:
>

>> thanks John. 2  summers ago I upgraded the fan, the hard drive (to a
>> 500gb) the ram (to 2gb), an added airport card and the optical drive,
>> knowing full well I would never get the money back.(It was kind of a
>> trip taking it all apart too!)
>> But I can't really see selling less than $500. Not looking good on the
>> sites I am looking at .
>> Oh well, I guess I will just keep it!
>> I was hoping to get some cash to buy the pretty new BIG imac.
>> Thanks
>> Laura
>> >

> --- http://www.simonroyal.co.uk and http://www.nmug.org.uk
> --- sent from my PowerBook G4 867Mhz, 768MB RAM, Mac OSX 10.5

Remember, what it's worth to you doesnotequal what it's worth on the
market doesnotequal what it will sell for

and you cant say which number will turn out to be highest

put you imac on ebay and set a reserve
that way you wont sell it unless you actually get what it is worth "to you"
and dont forget shipping and handling fees are determined by you, not UPS
so you could end up getting $500 out of it once you total sale price and s&h

or

hang on to it, it may become collectable

--
I'm a PC
AND I RUN LINUX!!!

Dr. Thomas Fuller  - "Get the facts, or the facts will get you. And
when you get them, get them right, or they wil...