OK, maybe this isn't LEM, but why the opposition to CFs.  Surely not for the
minuscule mercury content?  Which is amalgamated with a dusting of flowers
of sulfur (normal drugstore stuff in the medicine cabinet).  Incandescents
are outlawed for future sales in Calif and likely will be elsewhere.
Emeritusitis?

It's changes in the energy usage of computers that's puzzling us at the
moment since some of our local energy engineers have become adamantly
opposed to our desktops in future planning.  But we find the desktops to be
vitally important to our plans to be DIY maintainers as much as possible.
So desktops vs laptops is an LEM issue that's tied to the CF-trends.

MJ