On 2/1/09 6:51 PM, "thelordsserv...@gmail.com" <thelordsserv...@gmail.com>
Broadcast into the ether:

> And, flash drives and jump drives are the same thing, so call it what you
> like. I personally use both, just whatever I feel like.

When I hear ³Jump Drive² I think of this:

A jump drive is one of the speculative inventions in science fiction, a
method of traveling faster than light (FTL). Related concepts are
hyperdrive, warp drive and interstellar teleporter. The key characteristic
of a jump drive (as the term is usually used) is that it allows a starship
to be instantaneously teleported between two points. A jump drive is
supposed to make a spaceship (or any matter) go from one point in space to
another point, which may be several light years away, in a single instant.
Like time travel, a jump drive is often taken as a granted thing in science
fiction.

Turns out is a Lexar brand name:

JumpDrive  is a Lexar brand name for a Universal Serial Bus (USB) storage
device, also called a USB flash drive (UFD). As is sometimes the case with
brand names, the term ³jumpdrive² is occasionally used by consumers when
referring to any USB flash drive, in the same way ³Kleenex² is often used to
refer to any brand of facial tissue. Technically, the industry refers to
these devices as UFDs, though consumers are mostly unfamiliar with the
acronym, more often using terms like memory stick, thumb drive, or flash
drive.

Hee hee.

Kyle Hansen
--
This is the way the world ends...not with a bang, but a twitter.