On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Wilton Shaw <whs...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>        Does anyone know a good spelling program that helps find the right
> spelling for a word? My spelling knowledge is not very good. When the
> red line appears under a word I'm printing, I click on "Edit"and go to
> "Spelling and Grammar". All it tells me is that it can't find that
> word. I need a program that offers suggestions of other words that
> might include the right one. I used to have a great one called
> "Grammarian", but it doesn't appear to work in OS 10.
> Thanks
>
> Wilton

This is not really an in-line solution to your problem but if my
spell-checker fails, I will simply type what I "think" the word is
into google, if the text is close to a word then you will be suggested
a different spelling or two.
Google will almost always come up with a  "Did you mean ...?" that
solves the issue directly or indirectly.

Also, depending on the app you wish to have spell checking done for,
you have a few different options.

 ./aal

--
I'm a PC(x86 AND ppc)