What's with the cross posting to multiple LEM lists?

At 10:51 AM +0000 2/26/2009, Simon Royal wrote:
>I Googled it this morning and aparently as of 10.4.6 you can do it using
>Terminal, but it looks a bit scarey. Is there any other program you can do
>it with?

We've covered this over and over in various LEM threads.

Repartitioning a hard drive with live data on it is kindof like
running your finger under the fan belt of your car while the engine
is running.  Sometimes you get that cool feeling as the rubber rushes
by, and sometimes your finger gets pulled in a ripped off.

Repartitioning is RISKY.  VERY RISKY.

DO NOT do it unless you have UP-TO-DATE BACKUPS.

Oh wait.  If you have up to date backups -- why not just do it right?
Repartition the drive properly, laying down a *clean* partition map,
with Disk Utility, then reload the volumes from your backup.  Why go
to the risk of having the data loss and a foo partition map (that NO
repair tool can fix!)?

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth