On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Simon Royal <m...@simonroyal.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am writing this from the affected eMac booting from the hard drive in my
> PowerBook via target mode.
>
> So far it has been running about 10 minutes and no problems. I booted into
> my Tiger partition, ran Safari, logged into my webmail and it is still
> going.
>
> Normally - while booting from the internal hard drive in the eMac - it
> would boot and once Safari is clicked on the dock it would lock up.
>
> Simon

well that does make it sound like software, not hardware

what was the "white stuff" you mentioned?
if it is on the side of a cap, and you can find no other source, that
cap has died

this last post sounds more like dan's idea is closer,
but if that isnt grease from the opt/drive there is no other answer
than the cap has popped

--
-- NOT sent from an iphone,blackberry,Nokia, or any handheld. --

I'm a PC(x86 AND ppc)
AND I RUN LINUX!!!
Linux is like ice cream. It comes in many flavors and everyone has
their favorite, but we all get the same smile regardless of which we
choose to scoop.
Paul Gauguin  - "Life being what it is, one dreams of revenge."