i will forward to imac list for you,

also in syspref's, in the 'energy saver' option, in the submenu
'options' is everything unchecked apart from 'allow power button to
sleep computer'?

if still nothing try resseting 'PRAM' - hold down 'apple - option - p
- r' before the white apple screen comes up at startup/boot -
preferably before the chime sounds. The chime should sound again. keep
holding down till about 2 MORE chimes (so three chimes altogether).

If it still doesnt work, there are more options, but will explain later.

Po-en