If I were to do it again, what I would do is scan/photocopy the side
of both the original CD drive and the replacement DVD drive. I'd cut
out both. I'd make holes in the CD drive picture, so that I could
align the template with the carrier. I'd stick the DVD drive picture
on top, taking care to align it and then use that as a template. Then
I'll drill new holes in the carrier. A pillar drill would help, but if
you've got a steady hand...