Hi All,

After getting my new iMac in ln March, I've pondered just how to get
the "back to my mac" to function. It can't work as setup now due to
double Nat. As a somewhat Novice to intermediate user, I recall those
terms from 2000 when we first got DSL and setup a home network. I
understand DCHP automatically finds and assigns ip addresses as
needed, but am also familiar with setting them up manually.

My current setup is: An Apple Airport Extreme Base station, financed
primarily with the $100 refund for early iphone adopters but just
before Time Capsule came out and updated to latest firmware.
                              Of the 3 ports available, 2 go to a
Linksys 5 port switch and wireless hub to expand my wireless range,
both also setup for
DCHP. One connects to my iMac, a wireless access point and to the
Company printer. The other to My wife's G4 and her printer via
ethernet.
                              The third port escapes my recollection,
but I think to the Guest bedroom/former office.

The incoming DSL connects directly to the Airport Extreme as the modem
wasn't needed after the new Fiber-Optic line was run:)
I'm thinking I should leave the AE set to DCHP and configure the 2
switches for manual, but as the saying goes, Use it or lose it, I can
only come up with a mild case of brain rot when I DO find the extra
time!

Anyone out there willing to help take a stab at this? I travel to FL
from NC 1-2 times a month and find myself ALWAYS leaving something
needed behind. My iDisk is a great help, but when I forget to place it
on there before leaving,,,,, well you get the picture.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Randy