On Sat, 2009-08-22 at 08:22 -0700, Jasiu wrote:
> I have a 233MHZ G3 Imac running OS 9.2.  I wanted to put OS X on it
> but my OS X disc is a DVD.  I don't think this Imac will acknowledge a
> new DVD player.  Can I get OS X on CD?  Can I download it from the
> internet somewhere?

What OS X?  The retail versions of Panther and Jaguar are, IIRC, CD.
Tiger came on DVD but that machine won't take Tiger without
XPostFacto.

You probably could hook up a DVD IDE drive and you might even be able to
install it regularly.

Do you have another Mac that can take the version of OS X you want and
has a 3.5" IDE interface? If so you could temporarily move the HD from
the iMac to the other Mac and install the OS there.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA