>1 - What is the best OS I should upgrade to and still keep the machine
>running good? I've heard the OSX might slow it down alot. I have no
>upgraded software (yet) btw.
>2 - Can I keep the games that are currently installed on the hard
>drive and xfer them to the new drive?
>3 - I read that I need to partition the new drive to 7GB to run OSX on
>the primary partition. Can I do that when I install the new OS?
>4 - The machine only has a CD drive (tray loading). I'm guessing OSX
>comes on a DVD? If so, how can I see the drive to install the new OS?

When you install OSX, it will give you the option to goto the Disk Utility, and
create a partition at the correct size for the OS.? It will, of course, erase
all that is currently on the disk...

There are cd-rom copies of OSX; I think they started putting them on DVDs when
10.3 Panther came out(?).? I know I used a homebrewed Panther cd-set when I put
10.3 on my daughter's 333mhz Imac...

Also, I am not sure what success you'll have with an external USB DVD drive.? I
think another option is to do the install on a machine that has a DVD drive and
then swap the drive back to the Imac..

Craig W.