Thanks so much for the VERY helpful list, which I will try soon. It
sounds like the problem is not the computer but rather the operating
system. I only paid $100 for this iMac and it's worked great for a year
so I can't complain too much. Maybe it's just time for me to face buying
OS 10 from the LEM list or on ebay. If there's a major dollar difference
betweenthe OS systems I can get by fine with OS 10.3 (or maybe even OS
10.2). I don't think I HAVE to have 10.4. But what do you guys think is
best for an iMac Flower Power (500 processor)?