I am a PC person, and I'd just like to get that out there...
I purchased 2 iMacs at a garage sale yesterday for $25 combined, one
is a tray loading G3 the other is a Blueberry 350mhz Slot loading one.
The Tray Loading iMac is the one I am tempted to upgrade first, and
I've got a bucket (literally) of PC-100 and PC-133 So-DIMM ram (up to
512mb a piece) and a few IDE hdds that could be used to up the HDD
space if i'm tempted.
One of these machines will be sent to my parents in another state for
them to use to retrieve their old documents from the early 90's and
transfer them VIA usb to the PC platform.
I haven't gotten my hands on a USB floppy drive yet, but I know where
to find them for about $1 a piece, so that isn't the issue,
I want to upgrade this Mac for my dad to use, but I can't for the life
of me find out how to upgrade the thing. there isn't an access panel
for the Ram like the BlueBerry has...

Also, while i'm in there, what kind of optical drive connector does it
use, and what can I replace it with? I've got a box of old Laptop
optical drives to use and was thinking that would be the best way to
start (with a DVD\CD-RW drive)

on a side note, what other updgrades can I do to these machines? (both
do not have FireWire)

-Christian