Hi All...

Just upgraded my Intel iMac to Snow Leopard. Mostly it went okay...
EXCEPT... my external HD is no longer accessible. It is a Maxtor 500
GB connected via USB 2. I've tried everything I can think of and all I
can get is this message... "The alias “ONETOUCH4” can’t be opened
because the original item can’t be found."

I "can" mount the drive in Disk Utility and it shows up on the
desktop, but if I try to see what is in the drive, I get the error
message above.

I've deleted the alias and restarted the iMac, remounted the drive in
disk utility and... nada.

I know you should back up everything before you upgrade an OS, but I
didn't think I needed to back up an external drive I use to back up
files.

Any suggestions? HELP!

Amanda