On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Ashgrove <salum...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I've tried the new iMac at the Apple store --there's one 3 blocks from
> my place. IMHO, they should place the machines a little higher, so you
> can try the machines at a more natural angle, not to mention a more
> ergonomic one. (Providing seats is out of the question: the store is
> too small for that.) But I crouched down a bit, and leaned back a bit,
> and was blown away, of course.
>
> The screen is overwhelmingly beautiful. It's to die for. I overheard a
> sales guy telling a couple that the resolution was better than any new
> TV screen's. I don't even own a TV, so I wouldn't know, but it would
> be interesting if anybody could chime in about it, so I'm putting it
> out there.

almost every computer for the past few years has better resolution than new tvs
even the "personal" ones
1080p simply means the vertical res is 1080 lines. any monitor that
does 1600x1200 will top that

that was just sales talk

--
-- NOT sent from an iphone,blackberry,Nokia, or any handheld. --

I'm a PC(x86 AND ppc)
AND I RUN LINUX!!!
Linux is like ice cream. It comes in many flavors and everyone has
their favorite, but we all get the same smile regardless of which we
choose to scoop.
-
Peter De Vries  - "It is the final proof of God's omnipotence that he
need not exist in order to save us." -
http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/81.html