Yup - I put the 6gb back in the 266, and wiped the drive. Not much space left
after reinstalling the system.

But now the 500 won't boot. Well, it boots, but the date is 1969 and it almost
immediately kernel panics. I'm off to get a new PRAM battery and a firewire
cable so I can play with target disk mode. Need make sure I have all the data
off it before I wipe it.

What are you going to use the DV for?

Owen