On Jan 8, 2010, at 4:26 PM, bhealthyag...@aol.com wrote:

I have a 1.25 eMac was booting up nice with OSX 5.8 with 256 MGs of Ram, 80GB HD. I had a 512 stick in it to be able to go from 10.4 to 10.5. Now I get a screen that says at the top "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power Button for several seconds or press the restart button". Which I've done several times. I pulled the HD out and hooked it up to another machine, to check to see if there were issues with the HD that needed to be repaired. That didn't do it either. I've had this problem before, and can't remember what I did, or didn't do, to fix it. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
TIA

Garth

Look on the logic board for swollen/leaking capacitors (those little water tower looking things.) If you see any, they will need to be replaced. Also, check the RAM by putting known-good RAM in.