On Jan 13, 2010, at 1:48 PM, Kathy K wrote:

Says he "the files say VOB, it plays fine on the mac. I tried to create a disc image of it to copy it, but it wouldn't do it, so I am trying to figure out if I have to convert the files in order to burn a video"

He needs to make an image of the device, I'll be he made a folder image.

INsert the disk and start Disc Utility. When the thing shows up you'll see:

(using my drive and an HP driver disk as an example)

Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K05
   Session 1
      HP Color LJ CP1510 Series.

Select the named thing at the bottom of the list ( HP Color LJ CP1510 Series.) and then select File > New > Disk Image from disk1s1s2

(it may not be the same, but it'll look like that)

This makes a bitwise disk image of the disk, the other option is Disk Image From Folder, which is like making a Finder copy of the disk, wjhich for specially formatted disks like DVD's will not work.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona