On 14 Feb 2010, at 23.09, Clark Martin wrote in part:

Official support for PPC under Ubuntu disappeared a while back. But there is a "community" supported version that is current.

Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I was able to install 6.06 but would prefer a more recent version; glad to know i can still use one on PPC.

I just tried putting it on a Sawtooth.  The Live CD worked, briefly...

Seems with 9.10 there is some issue about the iso being too big to burn onto a single cd? I don't have a dvd burner. Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks for the info!

-bill