On Mar 25, 2010, at 1:29 AM, Clark Martin wrote:

> On 3/23/10 7:21 PM, Earle Jones wrote:
>> Intel iMac Sys 10.6.2
>>
>> System Preferences takes a very loooong time to open.
>
> How long?
>

>> What is going wrong?
>>
>> If I click the dock icon, it bounces forever.
>
> Forever as in you literally die waiting for it or forever as in twice as long
> as you think it ought to?
>

> --
> Clark Martin

*
Clark:  Thanks for the response.

First time this morning:  I click on 'System Preferences' in the dock.  After
30 or 40 bounces without opening, I click on it and hold the click.  The 'Force
Quit' is lit, so I click on 'Force Quit'. It quits bouncing.

Try the same thing again:

Click on 'System Preferences' in the dock.  One bounce and it opens.

Strange stuff!

Is there a .plist file somewhere corrupted?

Thanks!

earle
*
PS:  I just added a new 32GB iPhone 3Gs (birthday gift from my kids!) but this
System Preferences behavior pre-dates the iPhone.

Earle Jones 
501 Portola Road #8008
Portola Valley CA 94028
Home:  650-424-4362