Hi,
I've never attempted OCing either of my eMacs. I have the '04 and '05
models. The 1.25 GHz has been slow with iPhoto and later heavy web
browsing. I would maybe try the OC on your model with some supervision
by a computer pro.
As for painting, flat black would look really nice on an eMac with
chrome detailing on the speaker grilles and air intake spokes. I'd go
for auto primer and paints.
-Mike