Hello all,
I have a 10.4.4 install disk that came with my iBook G4. The disk says
iBook G4 on the label. I have an old iMac G3 that I use as my music
server, with an external hard drive to store all of my music.
Unfortunately it is only running 10.3.9 so I cannot connect my iPod
touch to iTunes on the iMac, I have to move the songs over to my
iBook, which is annoying as my iBook is starting to run out of disk
space. I was wondering if it would be possible to use the install
disks that came with the iBook to upgrade the iMac G3 to Tiger? That
way I could connect my iPod to it, but would it be a bad idea to use
the iBook install disks? I cannot see any warning labels that tell me
not to use them in a different model of Mac...
Thanks,
James