On Jun 17, 5:30 pm, Clark Martin <cm...@sonic.net> wrote:
> I acquired an iMac G5 20", no camera (A1076), it doesn't power up.  On
> plugging in the power cord one diagnostic LED comes on.  Resetting the
> SMC doesn't help.  PRAM battery is good.  According to Apple test
> procedure it's a bad logic board.  One set of caps was blown out, I
> replaced them (after much trials and tribulations).  All the others
> looked okay.
>
> Does anyone know a likely culprit, fix, test?  According to the original
> owner it was taking more and more attempts (button presses) to start up
> before it wouldn't start at all.
> --
> Clark Martin
> Redwood City, CA, USA
> Macintosh / Internet Consulting

Hi:
I had the same issue with my 20" and I took it in to the Apple store.
They had replaced the power supply a few months before (a known issue
with these units) even though it wasn't one of the ones effected. Then
it started turning itself off and starting up for no reason.

Anyway, long story short - new logic board, another new power supply
and a new hard drive. It was out of warranty but they replaced
everything since it should've been caught when I first brought it in.

Linda
Beaverton, OR