Sounds interesting. If such a thing is possible, I would be interested as well.
I think my iMac G5 is similar.  Mine is the 20 inch.

On Aug 15, 2010, at 12:18 PM, sustain wrote:

Hello!

I would like to switch my G5 mob with a 2.16GHz Core Duo mob
(compatible with snow leopard?) that doesn't power on. The seller
doesn't know why.

Is the G5 power supply compatible with the Core Duo? The working iMac
has the following designations:

 Model Name:    iMac G5
 Model Identifier:      PowerMac8,2
 Processor Name:        PowerPC G5  (3.0)
 Processor Speed:       2 GHz
 Number Of CPUs:        1
 L2 Cache (per CPU):    512 KB
 Memory:        2 GB
 Bus Speed:     667 MHz
 Boot ROM Version:      5.2.5f1
 Serial Number (system):        W85197HHSDY
 Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0011243BE39C

Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are a member of the iMac Group, a group for those using Apple iMacs and eMacs. The list FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/imac/list.shtml and our netiquette guide is at http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/netiquette.shtml