I have an imacg4 17" flat screen with the white round base. I tried to feed video to my TV via that vga adapter and it only worked for some videos. I cannot remember which ones but I read somewhere that the iMacg4 I have was more oriented towards acedemics. Even iTunes purchased videos wouldn't play on the TV with the adapter. Don't know if that helps or not......

Todd