On Oct 25, 2010, at 5:44 PM, Mystic Prowler wrote:

> I do need a new MBA as my newest machine is an iMac G5.

Personally I wouldn't want that. In my experience, the laptop should always
have lower specifications than the desktop. When I first switched to Mac I used
an iBook G4 as my main computer for three years, and it is not something I want
to do again. I have found that my ideal setup is a reasonably powerful desktop
and an older laptop. For example, right now I have a 20" Intel iMac, and if I
wanted to upgrade my 17" PowerBook G4 to a 17" MacBook Pro, my only option
would be the very first model, since it has the same specifications as my
desktop. If I got a more powerful MacBook Pro, or one with the 1920x1200
screen, I would start using the laptop more than the desktop, and then I would
be back fighting with the limitations of having a laptop as my main computer.
That's why my plan is to upgrade to a 27" iMac in about a year and possibly get
an older used MacBook Pro sometime after that.

Of course, with all the limitations of the MacBook Air it probably wouldn't be
so easy to use it as a main computer, but there would definitely be a speed
increase from PowerPC to Intel which would make you want to use it more often.

Steven