On Oct 28, 12:32 pm, Jonathan <jonathan.newcas...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Hi chaps
>
> I am pondering an upgrade of my mid 2010 27" i5. It has the standard
> 4gb (2X2) ddr3 1333 sodimm.
>
> I need to be certain of whether I am restricted by dual channelling.
> Do I need to buy in pairs? Or can I leave my 2X2gb and add a single
> 4gb stick?

For this, I would also check with OWC (macsales.com) online and maybe
by phone and with crucial.com online.  In some cases, a machine that
does not require matched pairs will deliver higher performance with
matched pairs, but for most users in real life, that increase is not
really noticeable.

Al Poulin