Hey Bruce,

On Nov 14, 2010, at 1:52 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

> Apple has a lot of stuff in their Developer web site:
>
> <http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/navigation/>
>
> and I've been informed by a couple devs that this book is a good intro:
>
> Cocoa® Programming for Mac® OS X, Third Edition
> By: Aaron Hillegass
>
> Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
>
> Print ISBN-10: 0-321-50361-9
>

> Also, if you're lookinf for a VBasic-like experience, check out RealBasic,
> unless you're looking at IOS programming, in which case I just picked up the
> Big Nerd Ranch book "Iphone Programming: the Big Nerd Ranch Guide"
>
> <http://bignerdranch.com/book/iphone_programming_the_big_nerd_ranch_guide>
>
> Which looks, so far, to be a decent book. More as I work through it, if you
> wish to know...

Many thanks!

I'd looked for this (the Apple developer tutorial), but missed it. (The Dufus
factor! :-) ) A few years back, Apple offered online courses in programming and
I thought those were pretty nifty.  Unfortunately, they don't seem to be around
anymore. :-(

I do like VB and have it on a peecee and I have RealBasic on the iMac, but I
want to learn Xcode. No real requirement to do so, I just want to get smarter!

Anyhow... I've got a small start toward putting together a "dynamite" Hello
World application!!! <grin>

Thanks again for your advice!

Amanda