On Feb 12, 2011, at 11:05 AM, Amanda Ward wrote:

I have an inkjet printer connected, via USB, to my iMac (late 2008) running Snow Leopard. My internet connection is thru a USB connection to my cell phone. I want to add a second printer, a laserjet, connected thru an ethernet print server. If I plug in the ethernet cable, my web connection goes away. Is there a way around this? Possibly a (inexpensive!?) USB to parallel adapter? I don't use the laser too much, but sometimes I need to print a large document that would kill my ink carts.

Go to your network system prefs and change the service order of connections (click the little cog icon next to the + - at the bottom of the list of connections). Make sure your USB cell is at the top or at least above the ethernet.

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>