At 12:07 PM -0700 10/11/2011, eric salazar wrote:
I mac G3 400mhz , with Mac OSX10.3.9

when I try to browse in safari it does not let me do it properly like email or facebook or even youtube , it says I need to update or upgrade my browser but I have no idea how to work it out...!

This is an age-old annoyance. Web sites should query the browser to ask it if it supports a specific technology. Instead they just check the overall version of the browser, then tell the user to get lost...

Sites such as YouTube require newer versions of Flash or an h.264 codec.

Email sites often require better JavaScript or perhaps HTML 5 features.

Christopher's suggestion of trying an alternative browser is good. But TenFourFox - a build of the latest Mozilla Firefox that will run on Tiger, won't help you. Instead reach for Classilla - an updated build of WaMCom Mozilla, done by the same guy.

http://www.floodgap.com/software/classilla/

Here are builds of Camino and more Firefox, that will run on Panther:
http://www.rpm-mozilla.org.uk/index.html

HTH,
- Dan.
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.