On Nov 1, 2011, at 5:21 PM, John Carmonne wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2011, at 5:13 PM, Christopher Satterfield wrote:
>
>> There are clips on the side you push outwards, correct? I've never seen
>> stuck ram before.
>>

> The clips are up and I've worked  on a lot of iMacs and have seen several
> with ram that just wont budge.
> I was hoping for a solution other that taking a chance with the pliers.

It's a mechanical problem and that requires a mechanical solution. Or you can
try some of the late Steve's "magical thinking."

Some RAM manufacturers don't adhere to size standards as religiously as they
should, which is why you're looking at a too-tight interference fit that
requires a brute force resolution.

HTH,

Jim