At 1:58 PM -0800 11/15/2011, Ben Kernan wrote:
I can't seem to figure out how to change Time Machine's preferences... I really don't want it doing a backup of my drive every hour, once a week would be fine.

TM is designed to be AppleStupid: it is not configurable from Apple's GUI. I believe there are some 3rd party apps that will help you tweak its settings (iow issue defaults commands for you).

To change the default run interval, from one hour to something else, use this defaults command:

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.backupd-auto StartInterval -int n

...where n is in seconds.

- Dan.
--
- Be Prepared!