On 2011/12/04 20:00, Mark Sokolovsky so eloquently wrote:
Or if you want to run a very current OS, run Ubuntu 11.10.

Current? Yes. Officially supported? Not for years now.

Depending on how you look at it, PPC linux's Flash Player is far better than OS X's or far worse - because it doesn't exist. Also X window server would shift the entire display about 1" to the right bringing it to the left side of the display on wide screen Macs.

I installed U/Kubuntu on my iMac (below) over several different versions and always ended up coming back to OS X because of things like that. U/Kubuntu was close, but not quite spot on.

That's my opinion of PPC linux, ymmv.

Tina

--

Acceleron: HP Presario 2.8GHz Celeron D 2GB RAM Discrete graphics XP Pro
Luxo Jr: iMac 20" USB 2 1.25GHz G4 2GB RAM GeForceFX5200 Ultra 64MB VRAM 10.4.11