A triple today...

1) Found at MS's support website. This was accessed with Safari, unmodified.
[Read it in your best Darth Vader impression]:

"I find your lack of competence...disturbing"
<http://dbdev2.pharmacy.arizona.edu/miscjunk/competence_not.png>

2) Why is the Office updater so amazingly stupid? You run it, it finds a big
office update, installs it and then tells you there are no more updates. So you
reboot and  run it again and magically it finds one newer update. Rinse and
Repeat.

2a) And hasn't Microsoft ever heard of 'combo updates'?

3) Who in their right mind uses such a gargantuan kludge like Outlook anyway?

(As you may have guessed, someone came in today "Outlook just crashes whenever
I try to start it. All my email, addresses, calendar and todo lists are in that
app!"

[headdesk] "See, here's all your eggs. Now I take this rickety basket with
holes in the bottom and put them all in it. Now I dangle it thirty feet above
above a busy freeway...."

Amazingly this time it wasn't a database gone foo...it was the whole thing. And
since you cannot re-apply Office updates, you have to delete all of office...by
hand because $@#!$%@ Microsoft got rid of the 'get rid of Office' tool..and
re-install from the ground up.)

--
Bruce Johnson