Hello, I bought this 17" iMac G5 1.9 Ghz iSight model with OSX
10.4.11. First issue I noticed was no response to Power button. The
seller gave me a tip, which turned out to be "resetting SMU
procedure". Sometimes it helps, sometimes it gets powered off in the
middle of BONG, figured out I need to pull the plug off, wait several
minutes and try again.Yesterday finally managed to spare some time to
play with it and there's another problem. When I use apps like Safari
or games it starts that horrible fan noise (just like jet engine) and
then... it gets to sleep! It wakes up successfully, but it happens
again. I would contribute this getting into "sleep mode" with
processor consuming apps. I guess it wouldnt get asleep when I was
tinkering with OSX itself.

My first diagnosis was bad power supply (regarding to Power On and
sleep issues), even managed to find a Mac shop which offers PSU fixes
for $20-$70. I am hesitating if I should give it a try and send it to
forementioned service or just call it off and ask seller for refund.

What's your bet - power supply or something worse like motherboard?
TIA

Mike

PS. I havent tried to dust off the grill yet.