• MacKeeper info [4 Updates]
Alex Sciortino <zeosr...@gmail.com> Jan 21 04:17PM -0700

Beverly Woods <macli...@beverlywoods.net> Jan 22 08:11PM -0500

On 1/21/12 6:07 PM, Cap'n Bob McBurney wrote:
> I want to buy software to use as update and one that has an unistaller included. I'm running OS X 10.6 on a Mac Mini 1.86, core 2 duo, and 2 GB Ram. Are there any suggestions to software that would be good and stable. I have thought about Mac Keeper and Clean- My-Mac. Any other suggestions or comments on this?

> CapnMac

I would not recommend MacKeeper at all. I have removed it from clients' computers where it caused significant problems. I am not clear from your
post what exactly it is you want your software to do?

Beverly
I agree MacKeeper is not something that you want to have on your Mac.

Kim <kimhan...@gmail.com> Jan 22 11:21PM -0500

Did the software, MacKeeper, cause problems or did the users cause problems?

If you are aware of problems I should be looking out for I would love to
know what the are. MacKeeper has been very dependable for me in
uninstalling software, which is what I believe he was asking about.
Kim

Ashgrove <salum...@gmail.com> Jan 22 10:44PM -0800

> I want to buy software to use as update and one that has an unistaller included. I'm running OS X 10.6 on a Mac Mini 1.86, core 2 duo, and 2 GB Ram. Are there any suggestions to software that would be good and stable. I have thought about Mac Keeper and Clean- My-Mac. Any other suggestions or comments on this?

I'm not clear what do you want to "update." As for uninstalling,
AppZapper has been working great for me since Tiger, all the way to
Lion. It has a very simple, drag-and-drop interface, and has never
given me a moment of grief in all these years. Even better, you can
download it and try it I think five or six times before you buy it.

HTH,

Felix

I have used AppZapper for many years, one of the best "Share-Ware's" I've ever purchased. However if you install MacKeeper and use AppZapper to remove MacKeeper there will be a lot of pieces of MacKeeper left in the bowels of the Mac. However MacKeeper has an uninstaller and if you look closely it can be found.

Cheers

Harry