On Jan 24, 2012, at 2:30 AM, Paul Brown wrote:

> Unless Apple keyboards are of a totally different construction from PC
> keyboards then it's dead. This because any liquids except water contain
> sugar. You can never remove the dried gunk from the keyboard innards. Get a
> replacement from Apple or eBay.

You've nothing to loose with the dishwasher at this point. The Apple aluminum
keyboard is all but impossible to take apart.  And I've repaired a lot of
keyboards in the Kenmore. The drying time is the key here, the longer the
better chance of revival. I stand them upside down on the top rack  and run the
full cycle including the drying. I also use the Jet Dry additive. I put it
upside down if front of a slow fan for three or more days,

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda CA
92886 USA
MacPro 2.66 Quad Nehalem