On Feb 1, 2012, at 8:31 AM, MJH Raichyk wrote:

  CPU Type:     PowerPC G4  (2.9)
  Number Of CPUs:       2
  CPU Speed:    450 MHz
  L2 Cache (per CPU):   1 MB
  Memory:       896 MB

This is what my profiler says and I'm running Tiger 10.4.11 so how do I plan my moves, like the iMac as well, this has always seemed confusing with that 'dual core' idea. Does that dual stuff double my speed maybe, and/or mean my ram is really double. I was just happy with my system as is, then this 'word' went around that now even my 10 was going to be history. Took a while to transition to the 10 from the 9 etc. I do mostly research for simulations (math or logic models) and writing reports, and now so many articles are pointing to youtube (which before was not appealing), but now those now sometimes are universally user friendly... cancel anything with much Flash. Hope this is adequate to figure out the dual, upgrade scheme for this machine.
ttyl
mj raichyk

That machine is best to stay with Tiger it's way too slow to run Leopard or play Youtube and to upgrade it would be a waste of money compared to the cost of a used Intel iMac even a fast PPC Mac has a hard time playing Youtube smoothly. My fastest PPC is a G5 Dual 2.7 and youtube is just barley watchable IMHO. If you use OS9 then you have to stay with a PPC with Tiger to run it in Classic mode If you boot OS9 then the fastest machine is a G4 MDD dual 1.25 F/W 400 model.

JOHN CARMONNE
Yorba Linda CA
92886 USA
From TiBook 867