At 1:02 PM -0800 02/03/2012, Al Poulin wrote:
A fellow Mac user group member cautions on taking the update if still
using Rosetta Power PC programs with Snow Leopard. He refers to this
article:
"Latest Snow Leopard security update breaks popular PowerPC apps like
Quicken."
http://9to5mac.com/2012/02/03/latest-apple-updates-also-messing-with-rosetta-powerpc-apps-like-quicken/

He also claims this: "I know for a fact  that if you're using Mac OS X
10.6 and still running MS Office 2004, that you will not be able to
load any  MS Office 2004 applications like MS Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint after you've installed  Apple Security Update 2012-001."

I dunno about office 2004 (finally upgraded all 3 machines to 2011 over Christmas), but Eudora 6.2.4, which I am writing this message on, works just fine. Well, as well as it ever works, at this point...
--

tom coradeschi
tc...@skylands.ibmwr.org