At 5:52 PM -0700 7/14/2012, druidygal wrote:
Okay, I ran Disk Utility, selected mac HD and had it Verify, and it found no errors. ("appears to be OK"). Cool!

Good.

Of the 160 G on my hard drive, I have 132.76 G of free space.

Good.

I use Safari for browsing, and I cleared caches and cookies a few weeks ago.

Do it again. Safari tends to get slower and slower as its cache grows. Ditto for its cookie and web site icon databases.

Another thing to try is to enable the Develop menu in Safari (via Safari's Preferences). Therein are items to quickly enable/disable various features. I've found that sites are often linking to the likes of facebook -- which causes their pages to take forever to load. If you turn off JavaScript then visit those pages, *bam* they load at warp speed!

I do get the spinny beach balls when opening iTunes app.

Yea, that's normal. iTunes does a lot of farking around when it launches. It checks the integrity of its data on your HD, then it talks to Apple quite a bit. It can take quite a long time for the SPOD to clear if your iTunes library is large.

I don't have to refresh every single webpage I go to, no. So maybe it's just those aforementioned websites then.

Try to note which sites give the most pain.

I also ditched the Ad Block extension today, since I read in another post that that can cause big lags in pages loading.

Yea, but it might just be some of its settings too.

...In the mean time, to get back to the errors from TT and AHT, it might be a good idea to update your backups, just in case.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.