On Aug 22, 2012, at 10:24 AM, fa...@gottick.com wrote:

> OSX.6.8 on a 2,4 Ghz Intel
>
> I'm trying to use KeyViewer and gets this message :
>
> Can not find item
> "System:Library:Components:KeyboardViewer.component:Contents:SharedSupport:KeyboardViewerServer.app"
> of <<class sdsk>> of application "Finder".
>
> Edit / Ok
>
> --
>
> Anyone who can explain (slowly) what this mean? :-D

It means that it couldn't find the actual KeyboardViewer program, which is a
built-in component of OS X.

I would first look to see if there is an icon for KeyboardViewer in the
/System/Library/Compnents folder.

If it's there right-click, and select 'Show Package Contents' and see if the
application package is in the Contents/Shared Support folder.

Did you perchance, follow directions like these?

<http://www.mactipper.com/2008/10/keyboard-viewer.html>

If so make sure you didn't actually move the KeyboardViewer.app out of the
KeyboardViewer.compnent package, that would cause this sort of error.

Otherwise you need to re-install it, RE-installing OSX is a surefire way of
doing it, although you might be able to use PAcifist to do it from your OS X
installer disk. If you do that router immediately re-apply the 10.6.8 combo
update, to make sure any updates are applied.

It MIGHT be a corrupted application cache, you could try running applejack
before re-installing it if the app is where it's supposed to be.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona