On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Christopher Satterfield <
christopher1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I myself have never had any problems with school iMacs or anyone's really.
> The only problem I have ever observed that can't be fixed from something in
> a parts bin was one iMac that wouldn't burn DVDs unless it was laying on
> it's back, weird but that did the trick. We ended up replacing the drive
> with a firewire drive. The particular iMac is a 17" 2 GHz Core 2 Duo model,
> and it's the one out of around 10 that came up with a problem at all.
>
> If I were going to say the most troublesome iMac I've ever seen, I would
> say the iMac G5, killed by cheap (probably) Chinese caps.

I had 2 major problems with my iMac G5 ALS:

Bad Bluetooth/WiFi Module and it's socket on the logic board; both replaced
under AppleCare (years ago)

Dead power supply a couple of months ago; I ordered a new one and replaced
the dead one.

Not bad for a 7+ year-old machine.

--
Sincerely,