Hello all

My 27" 3.1 Ghz 2011 iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 is acting crazy.
Yesterday, it wouldn't boot. After the Apple logo and spinning graphic were
through, there was only a gray screen and no hd activity. I spent hours
rebooting, zapping the pram, trying to boot from an external hd, but
nothing worked. Booting into the restore mode told me that my hd was OK,
but didn't help anything. Starting with the shift key held down didn't do
anything, either. I was able to run AppleJack several times and the only
anomaly was in the repairing permissions. It repaired the same permissions
every time. They were Java and remote management mostly. I was able to
reinstall the OS from the DVD finally. It booted completely after that,
however this morning, the screen flickers sometimes and the cursor doesn't
look right. Right now, I'm downloading the huge update that will take
hours. I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue.

Thanks

Fred

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.