Hi,

I was given a late 2009 Imac, 21.5 inch, 3.06 c2d.   I was hoping someone
could advise me on a few issues that I can not seem to get a straight
answer from googling about it.

Can I upgrade the video card in this machine, with any standard MXM video
card or am I stuck with an amd 4670 card from another Imac?   (This machine
currently only has the Geforce 9400)  I was hoping for a card with more
than 256 meg vram.

Cpu upgrade, one place said it was socket "p", one place said it was not.
I was hoping to squeeze some sort of core 2 quad in it, anyone actually
done this successfully?

What OS would be the best for this machine to run reasonably quickly? The
original owners decided to buy a new macbook because when they did a OS
update a few months ago (10.10.something) it got really slow.   I was told
that when they called Apple about it they were told that one of the "most
recent" updates really slowed those machines down.   I put 10.6.8 back on
it which is nice and snappy, but I was wondering if 10.7, 10.8 or 10.9
would be reasonably quick.   I just don't want to buy each one from the
apple store just as a test to find out they are too slow.   (I happened to
have a 10.6 install disc). Currently the mac has 4 gig of ram, but I do
intend to buy 2 more 2 gig sticks for a total of 8.

Lastly on the top left of the screen there are some dark blotches, its only
noticeable when there is a white screen.   Most of the screen issues I read
about have to do with dark areas that extend from the bottom to the top of
the screen on the left side or horizontal banding.    Is there a simple fix
for this?

Thanks for reading and I am sorry if my questions seem pedestrian, but I
have no experience with Imacs.

Thanks!

Peter

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.