i cant afford a Disc copy of DW,  and yea it froze again for the 3rd time
on the Catalouge File in the OSX Installer's Disk Utility.  i'm not super
bummed as the partitions are fresh so not much data outside the CallUp
script i was using to make the dialup connection work.  was on either
partition.

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 10:15 PM, Google <jesco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Dec 22, 2015, at 7:04 PM, Ryan Waldon <ryanwaldon2...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On 22.December 2015 at 21:11:44 , Xion Dracari (xiondrac...@gmail.com)
> wrote:
> >> Most likely but i wanted to get a opnion,
> >>
> >> yesterday i had to rush to shut it off as we had storm here and i didnt
> have it on surge protector, i had to flat out pull the cable (a few moments
> later luckily i did as power went out and the Breaker tripped in teh main
> room) i turned it on today as i was using primarly my old iMac G3 (Snow
> White 600mhz) to act as a Dialup Gateway for taking my dreamcast online. (i
> dont have home phone services) to get online in  Phantasy Star online to
> notice it was taking Longer to boot. and Programs would Bounce but not
> open. i thoght "I corrupted something with that sudden power off." so i
> Plop in my CD1 of the 4disc OSX Set let installer window come up but open
> Utilites -> Disk Utility to verify the Drive
> >>
> >> now thsi part's strange! Verifying's fine. but when i run Repair
> instead of Verify it hangs then powers down the HDD on the "Checking
> catalog File"
> >>
> >> booting from its small 4GB OS9 Partition its just fine and dandy. but
> OSX seems Hosed.
> >>
> >> did the drive die? (No clicking) or do i Just need to redo the OSX
> Installation?
> >

> > I would think that if the drive was completely dead, then it wouldn’t
> boot at all, from any partition. I would try to redo the OSX installation.
> >
> > --ryan
>
> Since OS X was the boot partition, it’s very likely that the improper
> shutdown did some damage to the disk directory or to volume information, or
> both. Try repairing the OS X partition with Disk Utility while booted to
> the OS X installation disk. If that doesn’t work or you get a message to
> try something more powerful, and you’ve got DiskWarrior, run that. If all
> else fails, then erase the partition and reinstall OS X.
>
> I’ve spent many an hour in ye olden dayes running DiskWarrior on Mac lab
> G3 iMacs that wouldn’t start or freeze while booting. Why did they do that?
> The teachers told students to shut down their iMacs by PULLING THE POWER
> CORD OUT OF ITS SOCKET. Yep, true story. So I ran DiskWarrior and it fixed
> volume information errors (start/stop blocks, etc.), and sorted out other
> directory errors. Magically, the dual-boot OS X/ OS 9 iMacs began to boot
> properly again. I tried educating the ignorant teachers, but met with
> limited success.
>
> Jim Scott

> ---
> "iMac Group" group.
> email to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.