My late 2009 Mac Mini 2.53Ghz. works FINE with original 4GB RAM and 10.9
Mavericks.

As it did (and DOES) with 10.6 Snow Leopard..From LaCie d2 Quadra with
FireWire 800

320GB WD 7200 rpm HDD x2...one IDE and one SATA..

The slow internal 5400 rpm 320GB 2.5" drive is partitioned to be the Time
Machine Backups.

I have no iOS devices, so Yosemite and El Kapitain are of no use to me.

10.9 gets regular updates..

10.6 has Rosetta..

So I'm quite satisfied...

10.7 Liar works fine from my $25 2007 white MacBook... 32 bit...

4GB RAM but only uses 3.3GB...

So cannot be updated OS wise...

Cheers

J.C.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 12:01 AM, Russell Courtenay <unknownid...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Recently got a NewerTech 1TB FireWire drive from OWC for backup (my first
> NEW accessory purchase in years!) but figured I should partition my
> internal drive for El Capitan, Snow Leopard and Data as it is a 2008 iMac
> and will not be upgrading further in OS. On 2 gigs of ram it is already
> really slow on El Cap so I want to try it on Snow Leopard.
>
> Backed up and tried the <option> restart to boot from the NewerTech drive
> and got the circle X symbol and it booted from the internal drive. Ran Disk
> Utility on the external drive, it made some minor fixes, same thing.
>
> I won't be able to try again till tomorrow night but what do I try next?
>
> The only other problem I've had with this drive is I cannot unmount it,
> when I want to disconnect it I have to shut down the computer or I get the
> warning that it is 'in use'. Not sure what is up with that either...
>
> Russell Courtenay
>
> Sent from my iPhone

> ---
> "iMac Group" group.
> email to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.